Around a year and a half ago I wrote a blog post titled “Why I’m Ready to Embrace Being Single” and as you can probably guess from the title of this post, in that span of time I still have yet to yield any romantic prospects. But hey, this isn’t a pity party. I’m still awesome, I still love myself, I don’t need a man blahblahblahhhh. But in reality we all know that being in a relationship is nice. I mean like on the most basic level: having someone out there that like enjoys your presence and wants to hangout with you on a regular basis is a good feeling. But I’ve come to the point in my life where I realize that relationships just may not be my thing, even if I wish they were. I’ve definitely come to terms with the fact that no one in my immediate life or surroundings (aka Gettysburg College) is gonna be the person for me, and that’s just how it is. College may be the place for some people to find their ~person~ but not everyone.
So here I am, still single and without many prospects. But instead of wallowing in the the images of how my life has been unfulfilled in the past 1.5 years without a boyfriend (because that’s just a complete waste of time), I’m gonna focus on all the awesome/weird/kickass things that have happened to me in that time:
- I traveled to Ireland, France, Portugal, and Spain.
- I lived in a foreign country for 4 months.
- I finished my Spanish minor.
- I got a paid internship at a major international company.
- I got to see the Atlantic Ocean from the opposite side.
- I celebrated my 21st birthday.
- I started drinking more water.
- I was awarded the Editor’s Choice Blog award for my blog through IES.
- I broke my foot.
- I drove to the shore by myself for the first time.
- I ordered my first drink at a bar.
- I got to see Ed Sheeran perform live.
- I’ve brushed up on my politics.
- I’ve grown relationships with people that used to be acquaintances.
- I wrote my first spoken word and got to see it performed.
- I expanded my lip stick collection.
- I had my first pint of Guinness.
- I flew on a plane by myself for the first time.
- I learned a bunch of new recipes.
- I watched all six seasons of Game of Thrones.
- I finished my junior year of college.
- I got a 3.6 GPA last semester.
- I worked up the courage to get the phone number of my hot Spanish waiter. (Bless his beautiful soul)
- I started volunteering more at my church and school.
- I planned a vacation to Norway that I probably won’t go on.
- I DID ALL THESE THINGS SINGLE AFFFFFFFF.
So yeah, being single isn’t so bad. See ya in the next year and a half!
From me for you,